[Libs-Or] Registration open for CritLib Unconference

Kelly McElroy kellymce at gmail.com
Wed Dec 17 08:47:26 PST 2014

***Please forgive cross-posting**

Registration is open for the CritLib Unconference, being held Wednesday
March 25, 2015 at Portland State University:
http://critlib2015.weebly.com/registration.html

Library instruction, assessment, cataloging and classification, collection
building, staffing, administration, and other functions of academic
libraries are all political projects that librarians undertake inside
institutions that operate under capitalist, patriarchal, and racist power
structures that many of us aim to contest. How do we do this in both theory
and practice?

This unconference, coinciding with ACRL 2015, aims to bring together a
diverse group of voices to address this social justice work from a range of
perspectives. As we gather in Portland to discuss best practices and plan
the profession’s future, we invite you to join us on Wednesday March 25,
2015 (time 9-3pm, tentative) on the campus of Portland State University (15
min away from the main ACRL location) as we discuss and critique the
ideologies that undergird our work, and strategize about actions that can
transform ourselves, our work, our profession, and our world.

For more details about the unconference and to register, please check out
our website http://critlib2015.weebly.com/ or email critlibuncon at gmail.com.

--
"Nothing is more impotent than an unread library." John Waters