[Libs-Or] [BULK] oregon newspaper project

Leah Griffith leah.griffith at newbergoregon.gov
Wed Dec 31 10:28:18 PST 2014

I would be curious about this as well and perhaps a number of us could join together to get a better price.   While I firmly agree with the move to digitization, I am concerned about the smaller papers in our state being digitized at this time and the access in the future.    In 20-50 years will those digital papers of 2015  be available to searchers of the Newberg Graphic like the microfilm of 1888 is available to searchers today?    And yes, I know that microfilm can degrade and disintegrate.   We also bind our paper copies and have an almost full run of those original papers for researchers as well.

Leah
Leah M. Griffith
Director,   Newberg Public Library     503-537-1256