[Libs-Or] Save the date - ILAGO Information Literacy Summit/Submit your proposals!

Candice Watkins CWatkins at clatsopcc.edu
Mon Feb 3 17:05:51 PST 2014

ILAGO (Information Literacy Advisory Group of Oregon) invites you to join us for the annual IL Summit which will be held this year on May 10 in Albany, OR at Linn Benton Community College. Please stay tuned for more specific program information, both on email and on the Summit web page at: http://ilago.wordpress.com/oregon-il-summit-2014/

Also, this is a reminder to folks in all Information Literacy environments and Writing Instruction communities to submit proposals for the Summit. This is an ideal, welcoming venue for those new and old to the profession, as well as grad students to share techniques and ideas.

We need you to share what you are doing to make this a great Summit. So, send 'em in! Here's the link to submit proposals: ILAGO IL Summit Program Proposal<https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1YzaVgRBdUDG1t1vKMVLEYKFFRvLsEJdmNUcWs8_fUjI/viewform>. And, here's a re-cap of the kinds of proposals that we're looking for:
We are particularly interested in presentations that focus on collaboration on Information Literacy between and within different types of libraries and groups, such as:

*         Partnerships between public libraries and K-20 schools

*         Collaboration between library and non-library faculty in academic and school libraries

*         Information literacy initiatives or programs to meet workforce needs

*         Ways to cross-fertilize to expand critical thinking and information literacies across K-20

*         Teaching IL with new tools, shared ILS/SUMMIT catalog

Programs should be designed to run for a total of 45 minutes including Q&A.

Program proposals will be accepted until Monday, March 3, 2014.

Regards,

Candice Watkins
Library Director
Clatsop Community College