[Libs-Or] Call for Proposals for the Annual ILAGO IL Spring Summit

Tracy Scharn scharnt at wou.edu
Fri Feb 21 15:02:01 PST 2014

Please feel free to forward to other interested parties.

-----------

The 8th annual ILAGO Information Literacy Summit will be held May 10,
2014 at Linn Benton Community College campus in Albany, OR.  The theme
for this year's IL Summit is "IL for Everyone."

The Summit typically has 60-80 attendees who come from many areas of
practice (higher ed, public, K-12) and are eager to hear new ideas and
ways to approach information literacy. We invite you to submit proposals
for panels, presentations, discussions on best practices, and other
programs.

We are particularly interested in presentations that focus on
collaboration on information literacy between and within different types
of libraries and groups, such as:

·Partnerships between public libraries and K-20 schools

·Collaboration between library and non-library faculty in academic and
school libraries

·Information literacy initiatives or programs to meet workforce needs

·Ways to cross-fertilize to expand critical thinking and information
literacies across K-20

·Teaching IL with new tools, shared ILS/SUMMIT catalog

Programs should be designed to run for a total of 45 minutes including Q&A.

Program proposals will be accepted until Monday, March 3, 2014.

Please submit your proposals here: ILAGO IL Summit Program Proposal
<https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1YzaVgRBdUDG1t1vKMVLEYKFFRvLsEJdmNUcWs8_fUjI/viewform>

We look forward to seeing everyone, details on the schedule will follow
soon.

Cheers,

Andrea Bullock

Reference & Instruction Librarian