[Libs-Or] SSD updates

Rebecca ROTH rebeccar at multco.us
Mon Jan 6 15:53:07 PST 2014

Hello all,
I hope you had wonderful holidays and are staying warmer than the
Midwest/Mars (both had -50s F weather recently!)

There are some LSSC (Library Support Staff Certification) posts on the blog
with videos and links to pics of recent graduates:
http://ola-ssd.blogspot.com/2013/10/lssc-program-updates.html

The latest Associates Web issue came out at the beginning of December. It's
a worldwide publication by and for library support staff:
http://ola-ssd.blogspot.com/2013/12/associates-web.html

Who thought there would ever be a comic about Eugene Powers?  (Besides the
people who wrote it, of course.)
http://ola-ssd.blogspot.com/2013/12/75-years-ago-today.html

Another super-late book, kudos for one of our very own Oregon libraries,
and an interesting addition to one public library's collection:
http://ola-ssd.blogspot.com/2013/12/libraries-in-news.html

Jey muses on whether catalogers bear the brunt of library echelon jokes:
http://ola-ssd.blogspot.com/2013/12/making-fun-of-catalogers.html

Work in a public library and need a pick-me-up because you're feeling like
you don't make a difference?  Check out these approval ratings, among other
http://ola-ssd.blogspot.com/2013/12/amazing-approval-ratings-for-public.html

Let us know if you're interested in contributing to our blog by contacting
us at olassd at gmail.com.

Thanks!
Rebecca