[Libs-Or] PLA Hotels

Diedre Conkling diedre08 at gmail.com
Tue Jan 7 11:29:57 PST 2014

Often the booking site used by ALA will show all of the hotels are full but
that usually changes.  I always advise people to get on the wait list if
there is a hotel they really want.  What some people do, including me, is
get on the wait list and then find some place else, using kayak.com,
getaroom.com, or Travelocity, and book a room.  Then if the hotel I really
want becomes available I cancel the other hotel.

People cancel their reservations for the PLA/ALA hotels all of the time as
well when their roommate got a different hotel or for many other reasons.
I have had time on the wait list last for only a few hours up to a few
weeks.

--
*Diedre Conkling*

*Lincoln County Library DistrictP.O. Box 2027Newport, OR 97365Phone & Fax:
541-265-3066Work email**:
**diedre at lincolncolibrarydist.org*<diedre at lincolncolibrarydist.org>
*Home email: **diedre08 at gmail.com* <diedre08 at gmail.com>

 "If you don't like something, change it. If you can't change it, change
your attitude."--Maya Angelou