[Libs-Or] Got teens? Teen Video Challenge submission deadline: Feb. 14!

Abbie Anderson aanderson at cclsd.org
Thu Jan 30 09:49:31 PST 2014

Please pardon cross-posting.

Greetings, Marvels of Library Service!

Yes, that's you.

And then, there's your teens. They, too, are marvels. Many of them may
already be used to making and editing video--from their phones, from an
everyday digital camera, from a simple video recorder like FlipVideo, or
even a full-blown video camera. Even if they aren't, put a device in
their hands and see what they can do!

The Collaborative Summer Library Program's Teen Video Challenge for 2014
is in full swing. The deadline for submissions is February 14!

The theme: Science!
The slogan: "Spark a Reaction!"
The mission: create a video, between 30 and 90 seconds long, that any
library in the country could use to promote Summer Reading for teens
this summer, inspired by the slogan, "Spark a Reaction!"

Create your video; fill out your submission forms, plus the release
forms for everyone on camera; upload your video to YouTube or Vimeo; and
either e-mail or snail-mail your forms to your faithful CSLP Liaison
(details on the form). Both forms are attached to this message.

Then we all get to vote! I'll make that announcement after all the
contestants are uploaded to the OYAN TVC channel on YouTube. The winning
video will represent Oregon among the videos that will be posted on the
CSLP website (www.cslpreads.org), and that any library can use to
promote their summer reading programs. Fame! Glory! Reading!

Yours in the Cause of Glory,
Abbie Anderson
OYAN CSLP Liaison

--