[Libs-Or] Wikipedia Meetup! Art and Feminism!

Ward, Ash award at ocac.edu
Thu Jan 30 11:50:42 PST 2014

Hello Library Community,
I am glad to announce that my library will be joining Portland State
University this Saturday for their Wikipedia Meetup, addressing art and
feminism. I hope some of your libraries can join as well.

"Wikipedia's gender trouble <https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Gender_gap> is
well documented: in a 2010 survey, Wikimedia found that less than 13% of
its contributors are
female.[1]<https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:Meetup/ArtAndFeminism#cite_note-1>
The
reasons for the gender gap are up for debate: suggestions include leisure
inequality..." -Wikipedia

"We invite you to help address this absence at a Art+Feminism Wikipedia
Edit-a-thon on Saturday, February 1, 2014 from noon to 6 p.m. at Eyebeam
Art and Technology
Center<https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eyebeam_Art_and_Technology_Center>,
540 West 21st Street, New York City. We will provide tutorials for the
beginner Wikipedian, reference materials, and light refreshments."
-Wikipedia

If you have the pleasure of being in New York this weekend, please go
attend their event. For those of us in Portland area, you can still
participate by joining your fellow Portlanders THIS Saturday (Feb. 1st) at
PSU. *The event will be held from 9am to 3pm so that it takes place in
conjunction with the New York event. It will be held in Neuberger Hall room
293 (second floor).* Bring your laptop.

If you are not within travelling distance of Portland, you can still log on
and edit Wikipedia entries from home (or at your local library). Any
participation is helpful. Links below for more information. :)
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:Meetup/Portland/ArtAndFeminism_2014

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:Meetup/ArtAndFeminism