[Libs-Or] A poem for the occasion

Markrid Izquierdo markridi at multcolib.org
Wed Jun 11 09:43:46 PDT 2014

>From the sidelines, I've found this discussion worthwhile precisely because
it's been uncomfortable. In my experience, that awkward feeling is an
unfailingly reliable indicator that more thought, more reflection, and more
hard work is needed at that point and on that issue, whatever it may be.
Even with the best intentions, it's far too easy to slip into a complacent
sense that we're done with diversity. We're *never* done.

I'd especially like to thank Linda Ueki Absher and my colleague Mark Kille
for their thoughtful contributions, and to remind the weary that they can
mute this conversation by clicking on "more" (in gmail).

*Markrid Izquierdo*
Regional Librarian, N/NE
Multnomah County Library
Phone: 971.998.3512