[Libs-Or] A poem for the occasion

Martín Blasco MartinB at wccls.org
Wed Jun 11 14:23:49 PDT 2014

Thank you Cynthia for posting this.
In the last OLA conference, we had an informal meeting to launch a new Chapter of REFORMA in Oregon.
We decided to have our first informal meeting during the Fall. The librarians of MCL were so generous as to offer one of their libraries to have our first formal and organizational meeting.
For those of you who are interested to participate in this chapter, please send me an email so I can add the names in the list for the first meeting (the date for the meeting will be established at the end of the summer).
After Max posted his opinion through this channel and generated so much discussion, it’s crucial and urgent to begin a conversation about not only diversity but also inclusion. This is an imperative issue.

Martín Blasco
Outreach Librarian for Latino and Multicultural Services
Washington County Cooperative Library Services
503-681-5093
martinb at wccls.org<mailto:martinb at wccls.org>
facebook.org/bibliotecaswccls<http://www.facebook.org/bibliotecaswccls>

“Que otros se jacten de las páginas que han escrito;
a mí me enorgullecen las que he leído.”
“Let others brag about the pages which they have written,
I’m proud of those which I have read.”
Jorge Luis borges