[Libs-Or] tax forms

dan cawley librarybusiness at yahoo.com
Thu Mar 13 10:59:10 PDT 2014

our telephone starts ringing in late january with patrons asking when the tax forms will arrive.

because we are the only location in an eighteen mile radius with free, actual,  forms, they are in steady demand.

for many, this provides an annual, once-a-year, pilgrimage to the library.

we also have small (1" x 2") cards with #800 telephone numbers for IRS and ODR which we distribute to patrons.

i've contacted TFOP twice...we are still waiting for the master notebook with all the forms to arrive.

(at least the IRS has improved the navigability of their website.  it used to be impenetrable.)

from this perspective, it's my opinion tax forms are a necessary public library service.

dan cawley
seaside public library