[Libs-Or] Call for Proposals: Western States Government Information Virtual Conference

Arlene Weible arlene.weible at state.or.us
Wed May 28 16:16:27 PDT 2014

[cid:image001.jpg at 01CF7A90.2D80F8A0]

Call for Proposals

Taking Your Depository to the Next Level: Promotion and Outreach

The Western States Government Information Virtual Conference Committee is soliciting proposals for lighting round presentations on the topic of Promotion and Outreach for Government Depositories.

Promotion and outreach is an important component of library operations. While these types of activities are often enjoyable and rewarding, they can also be time-consuming, frustrating, and even costly. As depository librarians, however, there is no question that we strive to share our collections, knowledge, and expertise with our communities. This lightning round aims to highlight case studies and experiences with promotion and outreach within depository libraries.

Have you found a creative way to take your depository to the next level?

What techniques, social media platforms, technologies, or events have you used to promote your depository?

Do you have an effective strategy to share?

Format:

10-15 minute lightning-round virtual presentations

When:
Thursday afternoon, August 7, 2014

Requirements:

Robust Internet connection
Headset with a microphone
PowerPoint is recommended for your presentation
Webcam (preferred but not required)

Submission:
Please email your proposal to Chris Brown at christopher.brown at du.edu<mailto:christopher.brown at du.edu> by Friday June 20, 2014

Conference Information:
This conference will take place Wednesday, August 6 through Friday, August 8, 2014.
It is a free conference open to all, but we ask that all attendees register.
Registration information will be coming soon on our website<http://ucblibraries.colorado.edu/govpubs/conference/WesternState2014/index.htm>

Arlene Weible
Electronic Services Consultant
Oregon Federal Regional Depository Coordinator
Library Development Services
Oregon State Library
250 Winter St NE
Salem OR, 97301