[Libs-Or] Experiences with collections agencies?

Cindy Gibbon cindyg at multcolib.org
Thu Apr 2 09:33:26 PDT 2015

Carol--Unique is excellent.  We've used them for years and they just won
another bid with us.  We'd be happy to share our RFP.  Unique understands
how libraries operates and has procedures in place for receiving records
from all the major ILS vendors (which you will find is a significant
barrier for most other collection agencies).  Their customer service to
both the library and to our patrons is exemplary.  Most collection agencies
don't understand that getting materials back is just as important--or
moreso--than collecting money.  Jennifer Steward, our circulation analyst,
can answer any detailed questions you might have.

Cindy

*Cindy Gibbon*
Access & Information Services Director
Multnomah County Library