[Libs-Or] Learn strategies for managing patron behavior (no-cost webinar)

Katie Anderson katie.anderson at state.or.us
Thu Aug 20 08:12:07 PDT 2015

I just learned about this via the Association of Rural and Small Libraries listserv and I thought some of you might be interested.

Strategies for Managing Patron Behavior, a free First Tuesdays webinar
September 8 from 9:00 - 10:00 a.m. PDT

Libraries reflect the communities we serve and like those communities we sometimes must navigate disruptive and unsafe patron behaviors. Join Melissa Munn and Angelina Benedetti, both of the King County Library System, as they share how policies, procedures, and guidelines can support a safe and welcoming environment for patrons and staff. Participants will learn techniques for engaging staff in solutions; review facilities considerations; explore community and police partnership opportunities; take away ideas for training and resources; and de-escalation techniques.
Instructions and Login for First Tuesdays session<http://www.sos.wa.gov/library/libraries/firsttuesdays/connect.aspx>
This webinar will be archived on the First Tuesdays website one day after the broadcast.

Questions? Contact:

Jeremy Stroud
360.570.5583
jeremy.stroud at sos.wa.gov<mailto:jeremy.stroud at sos.wa.gov>

or

Joe Olayvar
360.570.5579
joe.olayvar at sos.wa.gov<mailto:joe.olayvar at sos.wa.gov>

[Slogan Text][Cooper_laughing]
Summer Reading 2015 at Oregon libraries<http://libdir.osl.state.or.us/>!
Find a summer food site<http://www.summerfoodoregon.org/>.

Katie Anderson, Youth Services Consultant
Library Support and Development Services<http://www.oregon.gov/osl/LD/pages/index.aspx>