[Libs-Or] Social media and email newsletter management?

Ross Fuqua RossF at wccls.org
Wed Dec 23 08:42:46 PST 2015

Kirsten and all,

This year we transitioned ourselves and a number of WCCLS member libraries from an email marketing platform called BookLetters (a product from BookSite) to EBSCO's LibraryAware. Neither tool is inexpensive, but they integrate with our catalog (LibraryAware also integrates with NoveList), making readers' advisory content very easy to pull together. LibraryAware's reporting now provides us with much better email analytics, too, and offers some additional functionality for creating print-based promotional material. Through this transition process, we heard from a few of our smaller member libraries who had also been using MailChimp in lieu of BookLetters, and most of them were pleased with it for sending general email newsletters.

As far as social media tools, I rely heavily on TweetDeck for Twitter but have been toying with the idea of using a tool that integrates Facebook page management as well (i.e., Buffer, HootSuite, or SproutSocial).

Cheers,

Ross Fuqua
Adult Services Librarian
Washington County Cooperative Library Services
rossf at wccls.org<mailto:rossf at wccls.org>