[Libs-Or] Test proctoring

Gilmont, Susan susan.gilmont at oregonstate.edu
Mon Feb 16 13:17:03 PST 2015

We proctor tests here, including tests for Oregon State University, Eastern Oregon University, Western Governor's University,  the Oregon State Board of Tax Examiners and a few other organizations.  We get the requirements from the testing organization and enforce them.  We ask students to leave backpacks and bags with us and look over what they have with them.  We usually have students take online tests in the staff work area, which has two computers.  One the one occasion in which we were required to have a staff member in the room with the test taker, the staff member was able to quietly work on the other computer and be productive.  There is usually enough to do to enable a staff member to make good use of some quiet computer time. If your layout is not so flexible, could you have a laptop with some appropriate software on it available? Just a thought.

Susan Gilmont, Library Technician III
Guin Library, Hatfield Marine Science Ctr
Oregon State University
2030 S Marine Science Dr
Newport  OR  97365-5296

541-867-0162