[Libs-Or] Funding available from NN/LM for various library and health-related projects

Emily Glenn eglenn2 at uw.edu
Mon Jan 12 15:19:50 PST 2015

Please consider applying for one of the funding opportunities listed below,
offered by the National Network of Libraries of Medicine, Pacific Northwest
Region.

---

Announcing New Funding Opportunities - Deadlines Extended!

The NN/LM PNR invites proposals for a new suite of funding opportunities
<http://nnlm.gov/pnr/funding/> for projects carried out  between May 1, 2015
and April 30, 2016.   If you are a Network member in Alaska, Idaho, Montana,
Oregon, and Washington, we want to support your good ideas and encourage you
to submit a proposal!

Proposals will be accepted until  February 17, 2015.   Also, if you plan to
submit an application, we need a brief statement of intent no later than
January 27, 2015 to help our planning process. Please submit your statement
of intent to apply to nnlm at uw.edu <mailto:nnlm at uw.edu> .

Consider proposing plans to learn, utilize, and deploy new software or
hardware via the Technology Improvement Award
<http://nnlm.gov/pnr/funding/TechnologyImprovementAward.html> .

If you want support to educate, advocate, and promote the value of health
information services you offer, propose your plan via the Health Information
Services Award <http://nnlm.gov/pnr/funding/HealthInfoServices.html> .

For projects that promote health equity, such as training on resources or
data about the social determinants of health in your community, consider the
Health Disparities Information Outreach Award
<http://nnlm.gov/pnr/funding/HealthDisparitiesInfo.html> .

Or, you may want to provide training on evidence-based public health or
culturally competent health literacy resources for public health
professionals, K-12 school health personnel, or community based
organizations. If so, considering applying for the Express Outreach Award
<http://nnlm.gov/pnr/funding/ExpressOutreach.html> .

Have you launched a new service or type of health information delivery?
Consider ways to evaluate and share what you are learning via support from
the Medical Library Pilot Project Award
<http://nnlm.gov/pnr/funding/MedicalLibraryPilotProject.html> .

Lastly, if you have other ideas and you are not sure there is a 'fit' with
these currently available awards, please drop us a line (nnlm at uw.edu
<mailto:nnlm at uw.edu> ) by January 21 and briefly describe your idea so we
can discuss the possibilities with you.

---

Emily J. Glenn, MLIS, AHIP

Community Health Outreach Coordinator

National Network of Libraries of Medicine, Pacific Northwest Region

University of Washington Health Sciences Library

Box 357155, Seattle, WA 98195

Phone: (206) 616-7283     Fax:  (206) 543-2469

eglenn2 at uw.edu

http://nnlm.gov/pnr/dragonfly