[Libs-Or] Reading of Japanese American letters at OHS, 7/29 @ noon

Geoff Wexler Geoff.Wexler at OHS.org
Tue Jul 28 09:58:19 PDT 2015

Please join us at the Oregon Historical Society this Wednesday at noon for the final reading in our series "Letters at lunchtime."  In this session we will read from the letters of Japanese American soldiers who volunteered for service despite being incarcerated in internment camps.  We will also read from the letter of a woman who served in the WACs; and from a highly critical letter of a former administrator at Vanport.

The program is free and open to the public.  Bring your lunch from the Farmer's Market and join us in the OHS lobby for the last in our series!

With best wishes,

Geoff Wexler
Library Director
Oregon Historical Society
1200 SW Park Avenue
Portland, OR  97205
Geoff.Wexler at OHS.org<mailto:Geoff.Wexler at OHS.org>

Visit our online catalog at http://librarycatalog.ohs.org/eosweb/opac/
Visit our library blog at http://ohsresearchlibrary.tumblr.com/
Follow us on Facebook<https://www.facebook.com/oregonhistory>  |  Twitter<https://twitter.com/orhist>  |  Google+<https://plus.google.com/b/116762540046109453069/116762540046109453069/posts>  |  YouTube<https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCeCtHcPsdEys360N-qyPUPA>  |  Pinterest<https://www.pinterest.com/orhist/>