[Libs-Or] job postings

Diedre Conkling diedre08 at gmail.com
Thu Jul 30 12:05:33 PDT 2015

I think that online listings work better than print.  I haven't used
joblist just because I didn't want to spend a lot of money but I think that
it is a good resource.

I have listed jobs on a number of discussion lists.  In this case it would
be very good to post it on
publib at oclc.org, which reaches about 8,000 people and on
libadmin at lists.ala.org.  I also post on some facebook pages.  If I see a
good Oregon job posting I often pass them on for you if I don't see your
posting in these places. ;-)

The Washington Library Association has a good list of places to post job
listings, http://www.wla.org/library-jobs, though some of the links are no
longer good.  It includes some of the regional library associations.  I try
posting at least to PNLA and MPLA ($25)
http://mpla.us/quick-links/jobline.html.

I would also try to post to state joblines in Utah, Idaho, Washington,
Nevada, etc.  The MPLA site has links to some state joblines.

--
*Diedre Conkling*

*Lincoln County Library DistrictP.O. Box 2027Newport, OR 97365Phone & Fax:
541-265-3066Work email**: **diedre at lincolncolibrarydist.org*
<diedre at lincolncolibrarydist.org>
*Home email: **diedre08 at gmail.com* <diedre08 at gmail.com>

 “If you don't like something, change it. If you can't change it, change
your attitude.”―Maya Angelou