[Libs-Or] Leaders Wanted: Cultivating Diversity in LIS Education, ALA San Francisco, 6/27, Panel (10:30-11:30) and Options Fair (11:30 -1:00)
acarlyle at uw.edu
Thu Jun 11 17:34:23 PDT 2015
Please distribute to any library-related listservs that you subscribe to. Thank you for your support!
Leaders Wanted: Is an LIS Doctoral Program Right for You?
Saturday, June 27, 2015
10:30-11:30am Panel Session
11:30am-1:00pm Options Fair - 22 universities with doctoral programs represented
The ALA Office for Diversity and the University of Washington iSchool are very excited to invite you to our eighth annual information session with a focus on recruiting minority PhD students to the field of library and information science.
Leaders Wanted is:
* a panel session with minority LIS PhD students sharing their journeys and helpful tips for the PhD application process
* an introduction to the Spectrum Doctoral Fellows and the ALISE/ALA Social Justice Collaboratorium
* an Options Fair where attendees can speak with faculty, doctoral students, and other representatives from a wide variety of schools from across the country (see list of 20 participating schools below); learn about LIS PhD programs and funding opportunities.
All are welcome to join us!
Hilton San Francisco Union Square, Plaza B
* 10:30am-11:30am - Panel Session "Fearless Questions and Fierce Conversations: Recruiting and Retaining LIS Doctoral Students of Color"
o Featuring PhD Student panelists
? Moderator: Beth Patin
? LaVerne Gray
? Sandy Littletree
? Lassana Magassa
? Robert Montoya
* 11:30-1:00 Leaders Wanted - LIS Doctoral Options Fair
o Meet with representatives from various national iSchools with doctoral programs in LIS - Participating schools listed below
We look forward to seeing you at Leaders Wanted!
Allyson Carlyle, Associate Professor, University of Washington, iSchool (acarlyle at uw.edu<mailto:acarlyle at uw.edu>)
Cynthia Del Rosario, Diversity Programs Advisor, University of Washington, iSchool (cyn at uw.edu<mailto:cyn at uw.edu>)
Gwendolyn Prellwitz, Assistant Director Spectrum and Related Grants, Office for Diversity & Spectrum, ALA (gprellwitz at ala.org<mailto:gprellwitz at ala.org>)
Schools Participating in Options Fair
University of Alabama
University of Arizona
Florida State University
Kent State University
University of Illinois
University of Maryland
University of Missouri
University of North Carolina
University of North Texas
San Jose State University
University of South Carolina
University of Tennessee
University of Washington
University of Wisconsin - Madison
University of Wisconsin - Milwaukee
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the Libs-Or