[Libs-Or] Fwd: [alacro-l] FW: School Libraries Need your Help

Suzanne Sager bvss at pdx.edu
Mon Nov 30 12:49:56 PST 2015

FYI,

Suzanne L. Sager

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Don Wood <dwood at ala.org>
Date: Mon, Nov 30, 2015 at 12:38 PM
Subject: [alacro-l] FW: School Libraries Need your Help
To: "alacro-l at lists.ala.org" <alacro-l at lists.ala.org>

Please send out an alert to your members.  We are very happy with the ESEA
Conference Report and want everyone to make calls supporting the bill!  The
vote should be this week and passage is not assured, so we really need
massive calls

*Action Alert:*

School libraries are in!

After years of needing reform to the Elementary and Secondary Education Act
(ESEA), we are on the cusp of getting it. The final language of the Every
Student Succeeds Act has been released and school libraries are included in
many important ways!

BUT, we’re not there yet!

The House is scheduled to vote on the Every Student Succeeds Act later this
week and passage is most definitely not guaranteed.  Please, take a moment
to take two vital actions:

1.       Contact your Representative to let them know how essential this
bill is to our children’s education and futures.

2.       Contact absolutely everyone you know and ask them to do the same
thing.

*Talking points*

·         Vote Yes on the Every Student Succeeds Act Conference Report.

·         School libraries are critical to our children’s future and the
Conference Report includes critical language to support effective school
library programs.

·         This language is historic: For the first time in half a century
Congress has underscored the importance of effective school library
programs by expressly including them in multiple parts of this watershed
reauthorization of the Elementary and Secondary Education Act.

*If you are not going to call, but need a form email: *

Dear…

As you know the vote for the Every Student Succeeds Act Conference Report
is scheduled for later this week.  I would like to take this opportunity to
encourage you to vote YES!

School libraries are critical to our children’s future and the Conference
Report includes critical language to support effective school library
programs.

This language is truly historic. For the first time in half a century
Congress has underscored the importance of effective school library
programs by expressly including them in multiple parts of this watershed
reauthorization of the Elementary and Secondary Education Act.

Sincerely,

If you no longer wish to receive information via this e-list, here are the
instructions on how to unsubscribe:

UNSUBSCRIBE INSTRUCTIONS:
* Go to http://lists.ala.org/sympa/info/alacro-l
* Log in on this page; first time users will need to get a password by
following instructions
* Choose Unsubscribe from the left-hand column and follow instructions

--
Suzanne L. Sager
Oregon ALA Representative

Phone: 503-725-8169