[Libs-Or] Annual Public Library Directors' Meeting, Friday, October 23, Tigard Public Library-have you signed up?

Maureen Cole mcole at ci.oregon-city.or.us
Wed Oct 7 13:21:31 PDT 2015

Have all you directors signed up to attend the 2015 public library directors' meeting at Tigard Public Library? The preferred way to sign up is to go to this link: https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/PLDannualdirectorsmeeting. Thank you to those who have already signed up. We do need a number for the caterers, so if you have not signed up, please do so as soon as you can.

Here is a copy of the original email I sent on this topic. The agenda will come out soon.

Thanks for your help and can't wait to see you!

Best, Mo

Hi everyone:
It is that time of year to start planning our annual get-together. I hope that most of you directors will already have this momentous occasion - Friday, October 23 - on your calendars.  Please read to the end of this email for important information.

Let's start with the basics:
Who: All Oregon public library directors are invited to participate
What: in the 2015 Annual Oregon Public Library Directors' Meeting
Where: at Tigard Public Library, 13500 SW Hall Blvd, Portland, OR 97223
When: on Friday, October 23, 2015; hours will be approximately 9:30 a.m. to 2:00 p.m.
Why: to catch up on the latest news, network with colleagues, hear from the State Library etc.
How: in the comfort of the conference room with lots of caffeine, good food, and colleagues
The survey at the end lets you tell us if you are coming or not.

Lunch information: PLD will be providing a catered lunch. If you wish to purchase this option, it will cost $15. We will accept cash or a check. If you'd like to pay in advance, you can send a check to Mo Cole, Oregon City Library, 606 John Adams, Oregon City, OR 97045 (Please let me know what it's for as I am still receiving $ for the fundraising workshop as well)
The lunch menu will include:
Antipasto Salad --- (V)
Tortellini pasta with grape tomatoes, olives, artichokes, broccoli, and peppers with a pesto balsamic dressing
Greek Salad (V & GF)
Mixed greens with cucumbers, grape tomatoes, peppers, pine nuts, and feta
Petite Sandwich - Chicken Salad with Apples, Pecans, & Dried Cranberries
Cheese & Seasonal Fruit Platter
Crudité with Ranch Dip
Assorted Breads & Crackers (GF available upon request)
PLD will also provide coffee and snacks.
The survey at the end allows you to tell us if you want to buy lunch.

Agenda items: What would you like to hear about? So far we have
-update from State Librarian
-update from OLA President
-update from PLD
-information about the Edge Initiative
-feedback request from Statewide Database Licensing Advisory Committee
-sharing time
You may suggest agenda topics in our survey.

Parking instructions: this is very important (and applies to the Saturday fundraising workshop as well if you are attending that):  All attendees must park at Tigard Christian Church<https://www.google.com/maps/place/Tigard+Christian+Church/@45.4230966,-122.7664138,17z/data=!4m2!3m1!1s0x0:0xe69727ecf46696c> in the back lot of the church.  It is located across the street from the library on the corner of SW Hall Blvd. and SW O'Mara street.

Survey: Please take the time to complete our survey to help us get a feel for how many people are coming and how many people will buy lunch from PLD. There is also a place here for your agenda suggestions. https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/PLDannualdirectorsmeeting.

Maureen Cole
mcole at orcity.org<mailto:mcole at orcity.org>
Library Director
Oregon City Public Library
606 John Adams St.
Oregon City, Oregon 97045
503-657-8269 ext. 1010 Direct phone
503-657-3702 fax
Website: www.orcity.org/library<http://www.orcity.org/library>
Follow us on: Facebook!<https://www.facebook.com/oregoncitylibrary>
Subscribe to our email newsletter<http://orcity.us5.list-manage.com/subscribe?u=271f21539981149d9f0576ba6&id=38181f8585>!
PUBLIC RECORDS LAW DISCLOSURE: This e-mail is subject to the State Retention Schedule and may be made available to the public.
[cid:image001.jpg at 01D10102.B4A5C460]