[Libs-Or] Youth Library Assistant Needed

Amy Hutchinson amyh at lakecountylibrary.org
Fri Sep 11 10:42:31 PDT 2015

Hi,

We are in the market for a Youth Library Assistant. Here's the details:

Youth Library Assistant
Lake County Library District

Do you love working with children and teenagers of all ages? Are you able to woo people of any personality with a friendly smile and great service? Can you fearlessly wield a computer to find a book or website, check email, and create a document? Do you thrive on learning? If so, we want to meet you!

The Lake County Library District is seeking a team-oriented individual to fill an immediate opening for a Youth Library Assistant. The Youth Library Assistant oversees library programs for children and teens, including preschool storytimes, early literacy workshops for parents and caregivers, and the Summer Reading Programs for kids and teens. All staff in our small library, including the Youth Library Assistant, work at the front desk helping library patrons check out items and find information.

The Lake County Library District Main Library is located in Lakeview, OR with branches in Paisley, Silver Lake, and Christmas Valley, and provides services to the 7,600 residents of Lake County. With established youth programs and a new Main Library facility, it is an exciting time to join the Lake County Library District.

Qualifications: A high school diploma/GED and two years of experience working or volunteering with youth is required. Bilingual English/Spanish skills a plus. Must have a valid driver's license and be physically able to lift and carry 35 pounds.

This is a 30 - 40 hr/week position with a pay scale of $11-$13/hr. Occasional evenings and Saturdays required. Benefits are offered including PERS and employer-subsidized health insurance. Application and complete job description can be found on our website at http://bit.ly/lcldwork.

To apply, send completed application, resume, and cover letter via mail, fax, or email by October 2, 2015 at 5 pm to:
Lake County Library District
26 South G St.
Lakeview, OR 97630
541-947-2346
amyh at lakecountylibrary.org
Review of applications may begin immediately upon receipt

Thanks,
Amy

Amy Hutchinson, Library Director
*** Please note new email address: amyh at lakecountylibrary.org ***