[Libs-Or] Fwd: [alacro-l] Support School Libraries-Contact Congress!

Suzanne Sager bvss at pdx.edu
Mon Sep 21 10:20:54 PDT 2015

FYI,

Suzanne L. Sager

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Michael Dowling <mdowling at ala.org>
Date: Thu, Sep 17, 2015 at 12:40 PM
Subject: [alacro-l] Support School Libraries-Contact Congress!
To: "ALACro-l at lists.ala.org" <ALACro-l at lists.ala.org>

*We need your to help! Support school libraries!*

Last week we called on library staff and advocates to contact Congress to
support school libraries, and many of you responded!  So far, there have
been 2,971 emails, 446 Tweets and 39 phone calls.  That’s great, but with
over 98,000 school libraries in the U.S. we can do better!  ALA staff are
meeting with key Congressional all this week to ask for support for school
libraries.  Right now we need one more push from library staff and
advocates so that when ALA meets with Congressional staff your grassroots
support will be the evidence Congress needs to take action for school
libraries and ensure they’re adequately funded in the ESEA
reauthorization.

Here’s how you can ensure that happens:

1.       Go here: http://cqrcengage.com/ala/home

2.       In the blue bar in the upper half of the page, choose how you want
to contact your members of Congress: letter, Tweet, or phone call

3.       Click on the option(s) you want, provide the required contact
info, & submit.  The letter and Tweet are pre-written for you, so it’s
super easy! (but you do have the option to customize them if you want)

4.       Forward this message to library advocates in your community &
encourage them to do take action, too

5.       Pat yourself on the back for a job well done!

 For more information, read this blog post from ALA:
http://www.districtdispatch.org/2015/09/momentum-we-have-it/

Thank you,

 -Beth

 Beth Yoke, CAE

Executive Director

Young Adult Library Services Association

50 E. Huron St. Chicago, IL 60611

1.800.545.2433 x4391

fax: 312.280.5276

If you no longer wish to receive information via this e-list, here are the
instructions on how to unsubscribe:

UNSUBSCRIBE INSTRUCTIONS:
* Go to http://lists.ala.org/sympa/info/alacro-l
* Log in on this page; first time users will need to get a password by
following instructions
* Choose Unsubscribe from the left-hand column and follow instructions

--
Suzanne L. Sager
Oregon ALA Representative

Phone: 503-725-8169