[Libs-Or] [REFORMANET] RE: Fwd: Reading While White

Grace Tiscareno-Sato grace at gracefullyglobal.com
Thu Sep 24 13:24:30 PDT 2015

Resource: Latina/o Presses of Color list, along with other Presses of
Color, as compiled by the CCBC at University of Wisconsin. This is THE
organization collecting and posting annual data on the lack of diversity in
children and YA literature.

They list FIVE of us Latina/o presses...including Latino-OWNED (very
important):

http://ccbc.education.wisc.edu/books/pclist.asp

Please spread the word. THIS is who you should buy from, to serve your
diverse readers while NOT contributing to the industry status quo.
African-American and Asian presses listed there too. That anyone feels they
MUST travel to Guadalajara to connect with great Latino literature for
libraries is inconceivable. Now, I'm sure it's a GREAT time, but not
required...and yes, then there's the shipping problem. This Cooperative
Children's Book Center list from Univ. of Wisconsin is a terrific
compilation and starting point.

http://ccbc.education.wisc.edu/books/pclist.asp

Reader reviews: Of course! Readers leave reviews at Amazon.com for our
titles, email them to us, then we add them to the book's websites along
with endorsements, blogger reviews (VERY influential), awards, our book's
social media pages, etc. Examples:

http://www.captainmama.com/index.php?page=endorsements

http://www.latinnovating.com/index.php?p=reviews-2

For these two titles above, REFORMA also reviewed in the REFORMA
newsletter.

Hope this helps.

Graciela Tiscareño-Sato
http://about.me/gracielaTSato

Publisher, Speaker & Bilingual STEM Consultant
Gracefully Global Group LLC
Online Store for Books/DVDs: www.GracefullyGlobal.com/commerce
Tel: (510) 542-9449

Gracefully Global Group LLC is a Woman, Hispanic and Veteran-Owned
Business, certified by the Small Business Administration as a Woman-Owned
Small Business

2014 White House Champion of Change, Women Veteran Leaders;
Cofounder of the National Women Veterans Speakers Bureau
www.WomenVetsSpeak.com