[Libs-Or] [REFORMANET] RE: Fwd: Reading While White

Linda Doyle lchavezdoyle at gmail.com
Thu Sep 24 13:56:24 PDT 2015

I am a self-published Latina author (a Latina's coming-of-age story, My
Doormat Days, 2014). I published my book through Amazon's Createspace.
Amazon makes my book available to libraries at a discounted price because I
chose that distribution method as part of the Createspace plan. However, I
pocket only a small fraction of those sales. I could opt out of the
distribution to libraries and make more off individual sales, but I want to
make my book as available as possible. My goal is to reach as many readers
as I can, and
I'm happy to say that several libraries have purchased my book.
Linda Chavez Doyle
REFORMA President 2003/2004