[Libs-Or] Attending OLA Annual? OLA wants to help you spiff up your resume!

Jenkins LUMPKIN jenkinsl at multco.us
Mon Apr 11 09:44:20 PDT 2016

Hello, all!

The OLA Resume Review program is designed to provide guidance for OLA
Members seeking positions within libraries and/or the information field.
Resume review is intended to be a short-term partnership focused on
providing feedback to the OLA Member seeking review.

Volunteer reviewers will evaluate the applicant’s resume and representative
cover letter and provide advice on these documents.  In addition, the
reviewer can assess any possible experiences or skills that might the
applicant more marketable for a desired position.

For those of you who prefer face-to-face interaction, we’ll be offering
that option at the OLA Conference <https://orlib16.wordpress.com/>!
Sign-up for a time slot that works for you in just a few super-easy steps!

I would love advice on my cover letter and resume!  How do I sign up?

We’re ready to accept applications for those looking for advice and review!

Here is the criteria for those seeking review:

Required:

   -

   OLA membership;
   -

   Ability to receive feedback from the OLA Member providing review.
   -

   Complete the Form for Resume Review Seekers
   <https://docs.google.com/forms/d/12XGFWajLmDyZsdgd5XRj6wM7Gw3YrM12Yx5y9iZG0nA/viewform?usp=send_form>
   .
   -

   Once you’ve filled in the form, put your name next to your preferred
   time/reviewer on the OLA Annual Resume Review Sign Up Sheet
   <https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1q7j2m904Igk-WxxnXon9FA5al0bdsYY5KUe4B7tIUI8/edit?usp=sharing>
   .

Preferred:

   -

   Emerging information professional;
   -

   Recent MLIS graduate or currently enrolled in MLIS program.

What if I have questions? Problems?

You can use the Resume Review Program inquiry form
<https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1QdkZqa8xNNSlmi16uJqAbrsZAiJJ7RGp9eFxTHold7o/viewform?usp=send_form>
to contact Resume Review Program administrators.

Best wishes,

Jenkins Lumpkin, OLA New Member Round Table Chair

Meredith Farkas, OLA Membership Committee Chair

*Jenkins Lumpkin*
*Senior Office Assistant*
Human Resources & Finance
Multnomah County Library
919 NE 19th Avenue | Suite 250 | Portland, OR | 97232
Telephone: 503.988.7870
jenkinsl at multco <jenkinsl at multcolib.org>.us
www.multcolib.org