[Libs-Or] Be An OLA Conference Buddy in Bend!!

Jenkins LUMPKIN jenkinsl at multco.us
Wed Apr 13 10:05:35 PDT 2016

Good morning, all!

So, what was it that good ol' Bobby Burns used to say about best laid
plans?

Apologies to all for the link confusion and technology glitches!  Launching
this awesome program has thus far been a bit of an #EpicFail, but we have
high hopes to turn it into an #OLAForTheWin moment!

Please use the links below to sign up for the Conference Buddy and First
Time Conference Goers Program.

Please don't hesitate to let me know of any problems or access issues -
fingers and toes crossed for smooth sailing!

Thanks to all for your patience!  And huge thanks of those who have already
expressed an interest in the program!!

Introducing a New Program for OLA Annual:  Be a Conference Buddy!!

This year at OLA Annual, about 1 in 4 conference attendees will be at OLA
Annual <https://orlib16.wordpress.com/> for the very first time!!  The New
Member Round Table wants to help ensure that each First Time Conference
Goers’ (FTCG) experience at OLA Annual is meaningful, relevant, stress-free
- and fun!!

Experienced conference goers attending OLA 2016 are invited to be a buddy
for a first-time attendee by providing advice and guidance during the
conference.  It’s really easy -- you don’t have to have all the answers,
just be willing to help a newbie out!  If you've ever been to an OLA Annual
conference before and are willing to help a new person navigate the
conference and learn more about OLA, that's all it takes!

I want to help a newbie out!  How does this work?

   -

   Complete the Volunteer to be a Conference Buddy at OLA
   <https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1nE0O3ms4ot06D5mCbOzSqSDI1tbyncT5XrW_3cD-wZs/viewform>
   Form to give the FTCG an idea of what you’re about - your interests and
   areas of expertise.
   -

   Once you’ve filled out the form, put your name next to your preferred
   time on the OLA Annual Conference Buddy & FTCG Sign Up Sheet
   <https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1wDYcdsBTYJwiXjwbtY5ZheeQp-p0x-I2gUrhTjlVDLU/edit?usp=sharing>
   .

Buddy options are really flexible!  They just involve sitting with a newbie
for a lunch, business meeting, or a special event that you’d be attending
anyway - so not a huge commitment in time and/or energy.

Hey, it’s my first OLA Annual!  How do I get a Buddy?

First Time Conference Goers (FTCG) will have a chance to sign up for a
conference buddy soon!!  This is the perfect way to learn more about OLA
and expand your professional network in an informal, casual way.

What if I have questions? Problems? Kitten Memes?

Just use the OLA Conference Buddy & FTCG Program Inquiry Form
<https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1MPfFkRbAUhOaCx507eo6I4NnvuUvCvijuf0zCqGyyew/viewform>
to contact Conference Buddy & FTCG  administrators with any questions - and
memes are welcome, too!

See you in Bend for #ORLib16!!

- OLA New Member Round Table

Best,

Jenkins

*Jenkins Lumpkin*
*Senior Office Assistant*
Human Resources & Finance
Multnomah County Library
919 NE 19th Avenue | Suite 250 | Portland, OR | 97232
Telephone: 503.988.7870
jenkinsl at multco <jenkinsl at multcolib.org>.us
www.multcolib.org