[Libs-Or] FW: Question about ILL practices

Jerry Curry jerry.w.curry at state.or.us
Wed Apr 13 17:52:24 PDT 2016

Forwarded on behalf of the sender.

-Jerry Curry
Libs-OR Admin

From: Deborah Trusty [mailto:Deborah.Trusty at cityoftoledo.org]
Sent: Wednesday, April 13, 2016 4:42 PM
To: libs-or at listsmart.osl.state.or.us
Subject: Question about ILL practices

Anybody  who can give info on this issue, please respond.  At our library, the Toledo Public Library, we have been doing a brisk business in interlibrary loans.  We would like to see policies and practices used by other libraries regarding  ILL lending.  Do you serve all-comers?  Do you have specifications about the item or the patron that must be met?  We love having our patrons read from all over the world, but when something goes wrong such as a patron having an item stolen, then the consequences get spendy.  Anyone care to share your thoughts?

Deborah Trusty
Library Director

[cid:image002.jpg at 01D195AD.3C38C7D0]

City of Toledo, Oregon
librarydirector at cityoftoledo.org<mailto:librarydirector at cityoftoledo.org>
541-336-3132 ext 7100
PUBLIC RECORDS LAW DISCLOSURE: This e-mail is subject to the State Records Retention Schedule and may be made available to the public.
CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: This message is intended solely for the use of the individual and entity to whom it is addressed, and may contain information that is privileged, confidential, and exempt from disclosure under applicable state and federal laws. If you are not the addressee, or are not authorized to receive information for the intended addressee, you are hereby notified that you may not use, copy, distribute, or disclose to anyone this message or the information contained herein. If you have received this message in error, please advise the sender immediately by reply email and expunge this message. Thank you.

-