[Libs-Or] DATA PARTY: Bilingual Library Services in Oregon

Barratt Miller bmiller at ci.oregon-city.or.us
Thu Apr 14 09:46:32 PDT 2016

Hi everyone,

As part of an LSTA grant project I'm working on, I created a survey for library directors that collected data on Spanish-language and bilingual staff, outreach, and programs. We collected some really useful information, which I turned into the attached PowerPoint presentation. Thank you to all of the library directors who participated!

If you'd like to view the complete survey responses or did not receive the attachment, please e-mail me so I can get this information to you.

My personal reaction to the results is a "yes and" situation: As a state, we need to increase and support bilingual/bicultural library staff members AND provide better support to existing library staff members of all language abilities/cultural backgrounds who want to provide high-quality services to their Spanish-speaking communities.

Thanks,
Barratt

Barratt Miller, MSLIS
Youth Services Librarian