[Libs-Or] Questions for Libraries With 3D Printers

Diedre Conkling diedre08 at gmail.com
Thu Apr 14 23:49:16 PDT 2016

I know there has been some work over the last few years at ALA to develop
3D printing policies.  One very interesting piece is "Progress in the
Making 3D Printing Policy Considerations through the Library Lens" (
http://www.ala.org/offices/sites/ala.org.offices/files/content/3D%20Library%20Policy-ALA%20OITP%20Perspectives-2015Jan06.pdf
).

At http://www.ala.org/united/trustees/policies there are examples of 3D
printer polices from 3 libraries.

This press release has links to some other really good information,
"Policymakers:
3D printing in libraries advances education and entrepreneurship
<http://www.ala.org/news/press-releases/2015/12/policymakers-3d-printing-libraries-advances-education-and-entrepreneurship-1>
."

--
*Diedre Conkling*

*Lincoln County Library DistrictP.O. Box 2027Newport, OR 97365Phone & Fax:
541-265-3066Work email**: **diedre at lincolncolibrarydist.org*
<diedre at lincolncolibrarydist.org>
*Home email: **diedre08 at gmail.com* <diedre08 at gmail.com>

“If you don't like something, change it. If you can't change it, change
your attitude.”―Maya Angelou