[Libs-Or] keeping patron info up to date

Carol Dinges cdinges at ci.lebanon.or.us
Fri Dec 16 14:23:20 PST 2016

Our resident patron cards expire every 2 years, at which time we ask patrons to show their proof of current address (usually a drivers license) and ask if their phone numbers and email addresses are still correct.  We set out ILS to display a message 30 days before expiration so that we can let patrons know to bring their ID next time they come, and an email reminder can be sent, as well.  While this takes some staff time, the payoff in having accurate information is well worth it.

Carol Dinges
Lebanon Public Library