[Libs-Or] Job posting: Assistant Director of Hood River County Library District

rachael at hoodriverlibrary.org rachael at hoodriverlibrary.org
Sat Jul 16 17:09:44 PDT 2016

Hello everyone,

 Hood River County Library District seeks a new assistant director to oversee circulation services, programs aimed at adults, and senior and homebound outreach services. You can find details on the job here:

+ Job announcement: http://hoodriverlibrary.org/wp-content/uploads/Assistant-Director-search-2016-Job-announcement.pdf
+ Job description: http://hoodriverlibrary.org/wp-content/uploads/Job-description-Assistant-Director-2016-07-16.pdf

We're a smallish-sized library serving about 24,000 people in north-central Oregon. We operate three branches in the communities of Hood River, Cascade Locks, and Parkdale, with a budget of around $1.2 million and a 12.5 FTE staff. We belong to the 70+ member Sage Library System, proud users of Evergreen ILS.

The District has a permanent tax base that gives it a stable base of income. It is run by a dynamic and forward-thinking Board of Directors and has a vibrant staff who are constantly thinking of new and better ways to serve our diverse patrons. To boot, we're located right in heart of the Columbia River Gorge National Scenic Area and include part of the Mount Hood National Forest, with some of the best outdoor recreation opportunities in the country and, in some cases, even the world!

 The application deadline is Monday, August 1, 2016. If you have any questions, please ask me. Please feel free to share this with anyone else you think would be interested.

 Thank you,
Rachael Fox

 Library Director
 Hood River County Library District