[Libs-Or] Smoke free campus policies

gsharp at cclsd.org gsharp at cclsd.org
Mon May 9 11:30:39 PDT 2016

Hi Gayle:  Last October we established a more detailed no smoking
policy, banning any type of smoking products on library property.
Here's the new language in our Code of Conduct and on the signs posted
at library entrances. Some of the language is from the expanded Oregon
Indoor Clean Air Act which went into effect in January 2016:

While at the Library, Please Do Not:

Smoke or use tobacco or any organic material or other substances, as
they are prohibited anywhere in the library building, on the adjacent
property around the building, and in the library's parking lot. This
prohibition includes all devices such as e-cigarettes, other devices,
and inhalant delivery systems.

I hope this helps!

Gary

Gary Sharp

Director of Library Services

North Bend Public Library
1800 Sherman Avenue
North Bend OR 97459
541-756-5442
541-756-1073 fax

“A library is a shelter for the mind and spirit.”  - Tom McCall