[Libs-Or] ABA Journal article: Interface userability

Sue Ludington Sue_Ludington at co.washington.or.us
Fri Oct 7 08:32:08 PDT 2016

Hi library world,

Thought I'd share this interesting article about the not-always-intuitive nature of online research (illustrating the reasons why legal research is especially challenging).

"Sorry, technology isn't easy-you take the time to learn, or you lose" (ABA Journal)
http://maestro.abanet.org/trk/click?ref=z11aidwdq5_0-2fa15x3426b3x0474493&

Some facts that were news to me:

"...only 5 percent of search traffic goes beyond the first page of (Google search) results."

"Only 10 percent of us know how to use the "find" function in our web browser to locate text within a page."

"Most people are surprised to learn that Google itself offers a six-week course on how to use Google."

Happy Friday!
Sue

Sue Ludington
Assistant Law Librarian