[Libs-Or] Apply now for School/Academic Librarian Collaboration Scholarships

ACRLOR Communication acrlorcommunication at olaweb.org
Thu Sep 1 08:17:54 PDT 2016

As we head back to school, consider applying for this scholarship, which
funds partnerships between academic and K-12 librarians. The work of K-12
school librarians is invaluable and interconnected with the work of
librarians in higher education. ACRL-Oregon seeks to recognize meaningful
collaboration between school and academic librarians to enhance information
literacy of students.
*What does award-winning collaboration look like?*

   - Sponsorship to attend, exhibit, or present at a relevant conference
   (OASL, regional conferences, or others).
   - Creation of programming, such as a conference, workshop, unconference,
   or pre-conference.
   - Work on a collaborative research project.
   - Something else we haven’t thought of!

To read about one such project, see this post on the ACRL-OR blog
<http://acrloregon.org/2015/11/19/oasl-2015-fall-conference-presentation-partnering-for-student-success-earning-college-credit-in-the-library/>
.
How to apply

*No one applied for our first deadline in June, so that means that we still
have $1,000 to award this year!* All Oregon academic and school librarians
are eligible to apply. So find a partner (or partners), identify a project
or professional development opportunity, and apply -- *the deadline is
October 1!  *

Follow the scholarship application link
<https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1AEgj_bV4JTj7RxBpCTnzuOTo9LJ7sSKeIr7RebX5pd8/viewform?c=0&w=1>
access the application.

Check out our the ACRL-OR Scholarships page
<http://acrloregon.org/acrl-oregon-scholarships/> for more information.

--
Communications Coordinator, ACRL-Oregon
Email:  acrlorcommunication at olaweb.org