[Libs-Or] Oregon Archives Crawl 2016!

Hansen, Mary Mary.Hansen at portlandoregon.gov
Thu Sep 1 08:55:18 PDT 2016

We want YOU to join us for the 2016 Oregon Archives Crawl!

The Oregon Archives Crawl is back and we want YOU to "crawl" between the City of Portland Archives & Records Center<http://www.portlandoregon.gov/archives/>, the Oregon Historical Society<http://ohs.org/> and the Multnomah County Library<https://multcolib.org/library-location/john-wilson-special-collections> where you can explore our region's history with 28 local archives, special collections and heritage organizations. Celebrate National Archives Month while discovering the wealth of information that can be found in your local archives. Whether your interests include the history of Japanese internment, the impacts of urban renewal on Portland, or resources for finding your family's history, the Oregon Archives Crawl has something for everyone.

We call upon young and old, history buff and scholar, vintage photo lover, genealogist, building researcher and those who are just curious to stand up and be counted on Saturday, October 8th between 11 and 3. Archives are for everyone, so show your support by attending the 2016 Oregon Archives Crawl!

Participating organizations:

Architectural Heritage Center<http://www.VisitAHC.org>
Friends of Historic Forest Grove<http://www.fhfg.org>
Genealogical Forum of Oregon<http://www.gfo.org>
George Fox University/NWYM Archives<http://www.georgefox.edu/library/about/archives/index.html>
GLAPN <http://www.glapn.org/> - Northwest LGBTQ History
Hellenic-American Cultural Center<http://www.hellenicamericancc.org> & Museum
Lewis & Clark College<http://specialcollections.lclark.edu>
Mazamas<http://www.mazamas.org>
Metro<http://www.oregonmetro.gov/>
Multnomah County Archives<https://multco.us/records/county-archives>
JWSC, Multnomah County Library<https://multcolib.org/library-location/john-wilson-special-collections>
Northwest History Network<http://www.northwesthistory.org/>
Oregon Black Pioneers<http://www.oregonblackpioneers.org>
OHSU HC&A<http://www.ohsu.edu/xd/education/library/about/collections/historical-collections-archives/>
Oregon Jewish Museum and Center for Holocaust Education<http://www.ojmche.org>
Oregon Nikkei Endowment<http://www.oregonnikkei.org>
Oregon State Archives<http://sos.oregon.gov/archives>
OSU SCARC<http://scarc.library.oregonstate.edu/>
Pacific U. Archives<http://pacificu.edu/libraries/archives>
PSU Library Special Collections & University Archives<http://library.pdx.edu/research/special-collections-university-archives/>
PSU Architecture, Engineering & Construction Archives<https://www.pdx.edu/facilities/archives>
Silverton County Historical Society<http://SilvertonMuseum.org/>
Troutdale Historical Society<http://troutdalehistory.org/>
Washington County Museum<http://www.washingtoncountymuseum.org/>
Willamette University Archives and Special Collections<http://library.willamette.edu/archives/>

Saturday, October 8th
11:00 AM to 3:00 PM
Start at any of the following locations: City of Portland Archives & Records Center<http://www.portlandoregon.gov/archives/>, the Oregon Historical Society<http://ohs.org/> or the Multnomah County Library<https://multcolib.org/library-location/john-wilson-special-collections>

Free and open to the public
https://portlandarchives.wordpress.com/2016/07/05/crawl-2016/

Mary Hansen
Assistant Archivist
City of Portland Archive & Records Center
503.865.4103
http://www.portlandoregon.gov/auditor/archives
twitter: @PDXArchives