[Libs-Or] Hiring on-call library staff at Birthingway College (Portland, OR)

Daina Dickman daina at birthingway.edu
Thu Sep 29 15:05:25 PDT 2016

Birthingway College of Midwifery in Portland, OR is hiring for our on-call
library staff.  We especially seek applicants with availability on
Wednesdays, Thursdays, and/or Fridays.

This position is on-call and is to provide coverage for staff who are sick
or away from the library for a planned absence. There is no guarantee of
hours per pay period. Hours available will be irregular and  often with
short-notice.

Duties of the On-Call Library Assistant/Librarian:
• Provide warm and welcoming customer service
• Manage day-to-day operation of the library
• Opening/Closing procedures
• Student Copier procedures
• Student computer assistance and daily maintenance
• Circulation duties: check items in and out
• Shelve materials
• Shelf reading
• Provide Reference and Research Assistance, if able, and/or refer to other
libraries/librarians
• Assist library patrons with locating and utilizing materials and resources
• Other duties as assigned by Head Librarian

Please see our complete job ad at
http://birthingway.edu/hiring-call-librarian/ for more information
and instructions on how to apply.  The application deadline is midnight on
Sunday October 9, 2016.

--
Daina Dickman, MLIS, MA
Head Librarian