[Libs-Or] Accepting Applications: Science Instruction & Outreach Librarian, Oregon State University Libraries
Uta.Hussong-Christian at oregonstate.edu
Wed Aug 23 09:14:36 PDT 2017
Science Instruction and Outreach Librarian
Join a dynamic group of creative and innovative colleagues at Oregon State University! The Oregon State University Libraries & Press (OSULP) invites applications for a full-time (1.0 FTE), 12-month, tenure-track Assistant Professor, Science Instruction and Outreach Librarian position. To review the full position description and submit application documents online by September 17, 2017, visit: https://jobs.oregonstate.edu/postings/48218
The Science Instruction and Outreach Librarian develops and promotes library instruction, services, and programming to support science students in their curricular and co-curricular learning. This tenure-track position reports to the Head of the Teaching and Engagement Department. With colleagues, the Science Instruction and Outreach Librarian helps define the strategic goals of the Teaching and Engagement department and contributes to the department's unique model of shared governance.
* Works collaboratively with the College of Science, other campus partners, OSULP science librarians, and other colleagues to build relationships, develop and promote library instruction, programs, services, and outreach initiatives that support student retention and success.
* Identifies, builds, sustains, and assesses relationships with campus units and organizations like STEM Leaders and student groups working to increase representation of traditionally underrepresented students in science fields.
* Collaborates with academic faculty, graduate teaching assistants, local community leaders and other members of the OSU community to develop effective research assignments, learning experiences, and digital learning resources for OSU students.
* Assesses student learning outcomes and contributes to department-wide learning assessment efforts.
* Contributes to the strategic development of OSULP's instruction program and to the shared governance of the Teaching and Engagement Department.
* Provides research help to College of Science constituents, as well as to a broad spectrum of the OSU community through a new Undergrad Research and Writing Studio, which includes virtual and in-person assistance.
* Conducts research to inform practice, and contributes to scholarly conversations in journals, at conferences, and in other appropriate outlets. Contributes to the practice community of academic librarians using appropriate media.
* Participates in regional and national professional organizations and societies.
OSU has an institution-wide commitment to diversity and inclusivity. We actively engage in recruiting and retaining a diverse workforce and student body and strive to build a supportive campus environment. The successful candidate will find a welcoming campus community that is committed to increasing diversity. Within STEM education, OSU has forward-looking initiatives such as STEM Leaders, LSAMP, and participates in the ADVANCE grant. The College of Science has award-winning faculty noted for their teaching excellence, engagement with the advancement of science in the public sphere, and innovative environmental solutions.
OSULP faculty librarians are committed to student success and demonstrate this by: delivering high-quality instruction; building engaging physical and virtual learning spaces; collaborating with students and faculty to preserve and share the scholarly and creative output of the OSU community; organizing information to promote discovery and meaning-making; and harnessing technology to create a research environment that supports curiosity, inquiry, and discovery.
As tenure-track faculty, OSULP librarians actively contribute to the published literature and to their communities of practice. They publish in relevant peer-reviewed journals and other scholarly outlets, and also contribute to professional conversations at conferences, meetings, and through social media. Faculty librarians serve their community and their profession in the library, on campus, and in professional organizations at the regional, national and international levels.
OSULP is a forward-looking organization that contributes actively to the teaching and research mission of the University. OSULP is a medium-sized research library with an updated learning commons and excellent teaching facilities, including a dedicated library classroom. OSULP offers a collaborative, fast-paced work environment that is focused on providing innovative services and resources to our students, faculty, and staff. OSU is a member of the Orbis-Cascade Alliance and the Greater Western Library Alliance.
Oregon State University is located about 1.5 to 2 hours south of the Portland metro area in Corvallis, Oregon. Corvallis is a small, classic college town with vibrant restaurants, arts and culture, strong schools, and a robust vision for a sustainable future (Imagine Corvallis 2040). It is situated about an hour from the beautiful Oregon coast and two hours from the Cascade mountains.
Salary is $55,008. OSU Libraries & Press offers a relocation allowance and a comprehensive benefits package<http://hr.oregonstate.edu/sites/hr.oregonstate.edu/files/benefits/potentialhireacademic.pdf> including medical, dental, and vision coverage, two retirement program choices, and numerous other benefits, including professional development support. Oregon has no state sales tax.
Search Committee Chair
Science Librarian | Associate Professor
Schedule an Appointment<http://oregonstate.libcal.com/appointment/26885>
Oregon State University
Libraries & Press
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the Libs-Or