[Libs-Or] Patrons in abusive relationships

Taylor Worley taylorlgkw at gmail.com
Tue Feb 7 15:50:06 PST 2017

Hi everyone,

I am curious about how people handle suspicions of patrons being in abusive
relationships. While I have no concrete proof, there is one patron in
particular I'm very concerned about based on the patterns I observe at the
library.

I realize that this person is an adult and that I have very few options,
but I do try to check on her, ask her how she is doing, and today I gave
her my card and let her know again "if you every need anything, we're here
to help".

I think that is the extent of what I can do, however I'm curious if anyone
has had experience with patrons in similar situations and what you did/can
do/didn't do.

Again, I have no proof, just observations and a very bad gut feeling. Thank
you!

*Taylor Worley                                                 *Youth
Services Librarian
Springfield Public Library
225 5th Street
Springfield, OR 97422
541.726.2243 (direct)
taylorlgkw at gmail.com
tworley at springfield-or.gov
*"Promise me you'll always remember: You're braver than you believe, and
stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think." -A. A. Milne*