[Libs-Or] To ALA or Not...

Max Macias max.macias at gmail.com
Sun Feb 12 06:35:54 PST 2017

Someone on a list I'm on recently posted that they were hesitant to renew
their ALA membership because of the recent ALA Press release scandal.  You
can read about it on Librarian in Black here:
http://librarianinblack.net/librarianinblack/alastatements/. The person who
posted asked the group what they thought about renewing their ALA
memberships.

I'm not a member of the ALA, but I work with them on issues concerning
Equity, Diversity and Inclusion.  I'm on the ALA EDI implementation Work
Group and I try to represent marginalized people who can't afford
membership or conference participation (among other things).

For the rest of my response, please see my blog post on this subject:

https://lowriderlibrarian.blogspot.com/2017/02/to-ala-or-not-ala.html

Respectfully,

Max Macias

--

The ideas expressed in these emails in no way represent any organization's
viewpoints, or opinions.  The opinions, ideas and reflections are my own

http://lowriderlibrarian.blogspot.com/

Twitter feed:
<http://twitter.com/REFORMAnet>
http://twitter.com/maxmacias