[Libs-Or] The Oral History Tradition at Oregon State University: Public talk and tour Jan 26 at the Valley Library

Edmunson-Morton, Tiah Tiah.Edmunson-morton at oregonstate.edu
Fri Jan 13 09:17:03 PST 2017

Oregon State University’s Special Collections and Archives Research is hosting an event Thursday, January 26th at 4:00 PM in the SCARC Reading Room on the 5th floor of the Valley Library.

Chris Peterson, Natalia Fernández, and Tiah Edmunson-Morton will present “Catching Stories: The Oral History Tradition at Oregon State University,” a talk and exhibit tour that traces the oral history tradition at OSU from its beginnings, through the Horner Museum era, and up to today. In recent years, our oral history work has coalesced into one of the more active programs on the West Coast, and this talk will focus on newer projects such as the OSU Sesquicentennial Oral History Project<http://scarc.library.oregonstate.edu/oh150/index.html>, Oregon Hops and Brewing Archives<http://scarc.library.oregonstate.edu/ohba.html>, and Oregon Multicultural Archives<http://scarc.library.oregonstate.edu/oma/index.html>, and the History of Science Oral History Collection<http://scarc.library.oregonstate.edu/findingaids/?p=collections/findingaid&id=1923>. We will also share a new initiative to provide access to our oral histories using the Oral History Metadata Synchronizer (http://www.oralhistoryonline.org/). Following the presentation, guests will be provided with a tour of the new oral history-focused exhibit in the SCARC foyer.

This event is the latest to be offered by SCARC as part of our Collections at the Center series; more information can be found at http://scarc.library.oregonstate.edu/cac.html.

Please contact Chris Petersen at scarc at oregonstate.edu<mailto:scarc at oregonstate.edu> or (541) 737-2075 with questions.