[Libs-Or] UW iSchool Survey -- Please take a minute!

Walsh, Maura maura.walsh at sos.wa.gov
Wed Jul 12 15:26:59 PDT 2017

Greetings - I am serving as the Distinguished Practitioner in Residence at the University of Washington Information School in an innovative program that connects the academy and the profession to enhance the education of future librarians. I believe it is critical to better align MLIS education with requirements for success in 21st century libraries and information centers.  The Simmons School of Library and Information Science developed a brief survey, distributed in spring 2017 in New England, to gather input on the skills and knowledge areas that are important for MLIS students.   I am distributing this survey to UW iSchool faculty, alums, students, regional employers and other supporters in the Pacific Northwest.  My MLIS faculty colleagues and I will use the results to identify priority areas for curriculum review.  I plan to invite a variety of stakeholders, including faculty, employers and students, to participate in a curriculum co-design process in early 2018.  Please complete the survey available at the link below:

https://simmons.co1.qualtrics.com/jfe/form/SV_eWoMCdbg36hA12l

Please click on "University of Washington iSchool" in the first question.   It should take no more than 10-15 minutes to complete.  All responses are anonymous. The survey will be available until August 15, 2017.  Thanks so much for your participation.  Susan Hildreth, hildreth at uw.edu

Susan Hildreth
Professor of Practice
Information School
University of Washington