[Libs-Or] OLA SSD 2017 conference- registration open until July 14!

OLA SSD Conference Committee olassdconference at gmail.com
Wed Jun 28 12:03:00 PDT 2017

*Hello from OLA SSD!We're coming up on the last couple weeks to
registration for OLA SSD 2017, so don't delay! Use this link to view our
sessions and our fantastic speakers, check out the delicious menu, get
lodging info, and of course,
register:http://ola.memberclicks.net/ssd-conf-registration-2017
<http://ola.memberclicks.net/ssd-conf-registration-2017> This year's theme
is "Making field goals: adapting and thriving in library service". We’re
headed south for a field day at the University of Oregon in beautiful
Eugene! Lodging will be at the campus dorms and includes dinner Thursday-
this is a great deal! The conference is Friday July 28th from
8:00am-4:00pm. For $85 for OLA members and $95 for non-members registration
includes your choice of sessions, full breakfast, lunch AND an afternoon
snack. ----------Based on your feedback from last year, we're thrilled to
welcome back Evan Dumas, this year as our keynote! Start the day off with
listening to him speak on ""How Not to Burn Out" or "Whoops, too late, now
what?" We have a FANTASTIC group of experts ready to speak to you on many
diverse subjects (full list below)! Also based on your feedback, we're
continuing with a mix of traditional presentations and panels, with a
chance for audience participation. So if you sign up for a panel, come with
your questions and comments!------------Looking for ways to save $$$? If
you’re traveling from more than 150 miles (one way), you may be able to
apply for a $50 travel assistance scholarship. Are your colleagues going?
If your library/system registers 3 attendees, the 4th attendee may be
eligible for free registration! Toassist with the SSD scholarship fund, OLA
SSD has some fantastic baskets to raffle at the conference so be sure to
bring a little spending money.----------If you need special accommodations,
or have any dietary restrictions please notify the conference committee
co-chairs, Jennifer Patterson, Justyne Triest, and Dillon Peck at
<http://listsmart.osl.state.or.us/mailman/listinfo/libs-or>olassdconference at gmail.com
<olassdconference at gmail.com>. Please contact us with any conference
questions you may have anytime at olassdconference at gmail.com
<olassdconference at gmail.com>. Looking forward to seeing you
there!-----------Full schedule with descriptions can be found here:
http://ola-ssd.blogspot.com/2017/06/ola-ssd-2017-conference-schedule.html
<http://ola-ssd.blogspot.com/2017/06/ola-ssd-2017-conference-schedule.html>
Presenters/Panels:-Keynote Speaker Evan Dumas - “"How Not to Burn Out" or
"Whoops, too late, now what?"” **Breakout sessions 1:-Presentation-
Responding to and Assisting People with Unique Needs - Presented by Elise
Thompson-Panel/Interactive- Make the Most of Your Day: Scheduling the Easy
Way! - Presented by Jessica Rondema, Jennifer Patterson, and Bryan Lee
Feyerherm **Breakout sessions 2:-Presentation- Misinformation and Political
Propaganda - Presented by Donna Cohen -Panel/Interactive- Three
Perspectives on Accessibility: Bring your Challenges! - Presented by Elke
Bruton, Wendy Beck, and Bryce Kozla  **Breakout sessions 3:-Presentation-
How well are you adapting to change? - Presented by Tracey
Letmate-Panel/Interactive- Serving Vulnerable Populations - Panelists
include Kate Schwab, Crystal Grimes/Kate Anderson-Presentation- Day in the
Life - Presented Rachel Kenny, Sami Kerzel, Jennifer
Association Support Staff Division (OLA SSD) **2017 Conference
Committee*olassdconference at gmail.com <olassdconference at gmail.com> *For more
information and to connect with us:*http://ola-ssd.blogspot.com/
<http://ola-ssd.blogspot.com/>https://www.facebook.com/olasupportstaffdivision
<https://www.facebook.com/olasupportstaffdivision> and Event page: