[Libs-Or] FW: Request for input from librarians re: CFPB web site

Arlene Weible arlene.weible at state.or.us
Wed Jun 28 13:42:49 PDT 2017

It isn't very often that government agencies ask librarians for advice about the design of their web sites, so I encourage anyone who works directly with the public to use this opportunity to provide feedback to the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau about their Consumer Finance web site. Contact information is below.  --Arlene

From: McDonnell, Kenneth (CFPB) [mailto:Kenneth.McDonnell at cfpb.gov]

Hello,
We're working on a project to improve how we present information on our website and we need your help! We're looking to gain insights from librarians like yourself who directly assist patrons with financial information and advice. To gather information, we're putting together a brief online test that will assess the language and usability of a set of online design prototypes. Your responses will help us better organize the content on consumerfinance.gov<http://consumerfinance.gov/> in order to better serve you, and ultimately the patrons you serve. The activity shouldn't take longer than 15 minutes to complete.
If you're interested in participating, or have questions, please email Sonna Kim, sonna.kim at cfpb.gov<mailto:sonna.kim at cfpv.gov>.
Privacy Act Statement: 5 U.S.C. 552(a)(e)(3)

The information you provide through your participation in this usability study will assist the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau ("CFPB") in improving access to financial empowerment information.

The CFPB will obtain basic contact information about study participants for the purpose of contacting you about participating in this study. The CFPB will only obtain, and access your responses during the testing session for purposes of reviewing your interactions with the site in order to make improvements.

Participation in this study is voluntary, you are not required to participate or share any identifying information, and you may withdraw participation at any time.

Ken McDonnell
Office of Financial Education
Division of Consumer Education and Engagement
Consumer Financial Protection Bureau
1275 First Street, NE Washington, DC
Tel: 202-435-7303
Cell: 202-440-3699
Email: kenneth.mcdonnell at cfpb.gov<mailto:kenneth.mcdonnell at cfpb.gov>
consumerfinance.gov
Visit http://promotions.usa.gov/cfpbpubs.html to get free copies of CFPB consumer brochures
Confidentiality Notice: If you received this email by mistake, you should notify the sender of the mistake and delete the e-mail and any attachments. An inadvertent disclosure is not intended to waive any privileges.

Arlene Weible, MLS
Electronic Resources Consultant
Oregon Federal Regional Depository Coordinator
arlene.weible at state.or.us<mailto:arlene.weible at state.or.us> | 503-378-5020 | www.oregon.gov/osl/ld<http://www.oregon.gov/osl/ld>
Follow us: Facebook<http://fb.me/orlibsupport> | Twitter<https://twitter.com/ORLibSupport> | Tumblr<http://www.statelibraryor.tumblr.com/> | Pinterest<https://pinterest.com/statelibraryor/>
[cid:image003.png at 01D2BCD4.A65A4C70]