[Libs-Or] LSTA Funding for FFY 2017

MaryKay Dahlgreen marykay.dahlgreen at state.or.us
Thu May 4 14:15:06 PDT 2017

Hello all-
As you may remember, the federal government has been operating under a continuing resolution for their federal fiscal year 2017 spending. Earlier this week the House (by a 309-118 vote<http://clerk.house.gov/evs/2017/roll249.xml>) and the Senate (by a 79-18 vote<https://www.senate.gov/legislative/LIS/roll_call_lists/roll_call_vote_cfm.cfm?congress=115&session=1&vote=00121>) have passed the FY 2017 omnibus appropriations bills, which funds the government for the rest of the fiscal year (through September 30). The bill will be sent to the President where he is expected to sign it.
This means we will have funding for LSTA projects which are currently being considered by the LSTA Advisory Council and for current statewide projects such as answerland, OSLIS, databases, sage courier and library support and development staffing.

The FFY2018 budget has not been created, the President has created a wish list but Congress is working on putting together a budget and will have time to do that now that ffy 2017 has been funded. To see what grant projects and statewide programs were  funded with FFY 2016 LSTA funding in Oregon take a look at the State Library website: http://www.oregon.gov/osl/LD/LSTA/LSTAHandout2017.pdf

If you have any questions please let me know and I will try to answer it.
MaryKay

MaryKay Dahlgreen
State Librarian
503-378-4367 | www.oregon.gov/osl<http://www.oregon.gov/osl>