[Libs-Or] OLA Round Table Vice Chair

Lauren Simon lsimon at tualatin.gov
Thu May 4 18:03:18 PDT 2017

Dear OLA Members,

The OLA Outreach Round Table is seeking nominations for the positions of Vice Chair/Chair Elect for the year September 2017 - August 2018, followed by serving as Chair from September 2018 -August 2019. Please nominate yourself or a willing colleague by Wednesday, May 31st. The Outreach Round Table will then vote and elect a new Vice-Chair by Wednesday, June 14th..

If you are interested in a fantastic leadership opportunity and passionate about outreach and library services to under-served populations, please consider nominating yourself! The newly elected Chair and Vice Chair will have the support of the Outreach Round Table members and past ORT leadership. The positions are what you make of them but we hope for individuals who will be able to set goals for our group, facilitate at least one or two meetings and/or workshops during the year and engage members through our listserv.

If you are not currently a member of the Outreach Round Table and are interested, simply join the ORT by updating your membership online and paying the $5.00 fee to join. https://ola.memberclicks.net/membership. To find out more about the positions or if you have questions about the Outreach Round Table, please email me (Lauren Simon) at lsimon at ci.tualatin.or.us.

To nominate yourself, please send a brief summary of your background and
statement of interest as well as a brief bio to olaoutreachroundtable at gmail.com.
Please submit nominations by Wednesday, May 31st.

More about the Outreach Round Table: The ORT provides a framework for
information sharing, continuing education and moral support for library workers
currently providing outreach services; and to offer opportunities for
networking and encouragement to libraries wishing to expand or develop library
outreach services. Areas of interest include, but are not limited to library
service to people of all ages who can no longer use a library facility due to
either a physical or mental impairment, people who live in rural or remote area
without a library, non-English speakers, the incarcerated, the homeless, and
low-literacy adults.

Best,

Lauren Simon (ORT Chair) & Kate Schwab (ORT Chair Elect)
lsimon at ci.tualatin.or.us
kates at multcolib.org
Best,

Lauren Simon<mailto:lsimon at ci.tualatin.or.us>, Community Librarian