[Libs-Or] Check out Lib Lab: Library Laboratory YouTube series

Brown, Lindy Lindy.Brown at corvallisoregon.gov
Thu May 25 11:04:25 PDT 2017

Good morning!

The Corvallis-Benton County Public Library is excited to announce a project we've been working on this spring - a fun, educational YouTube series that focuses on STEAM concepts. The series is called Lib Lab, short for Library Laboratory and is hosted by AJ Fillo, a PhD candidate in Mechanical Engineering at Oregon State University.

Each episode explores a variety of scientific fundamentals with playful experiments and demonstrations. Kids in Benton County can stop by our library and pick up free experiment materials that correspond with each video. Some examples of the science experiments kids can create: a pinhole projector, a soft robot, and a rocket.

Learn more about Lib Lab here:
https://cbcpubliclibrary.net/liblab/

Watch the video series at the link below and stay tuned - episode 4 is dropping soon and includes the drum line from OSU's marching band helping our host explain the principles behind vortices.
http://bit.ly/2rivJT1

If you are interested in collaborating with us, let us know! Contact Andrew Cherbas, Deputy Director for Public Services, at 541-766-6792 or Andrew.cherbas at corvallisoregon.gov<mailto:Andrew.cherbas at corvallisoregon.gov>.

Cheers,
Lindy

Lindy J. Brown
Reference Librarian
541 766-6487
Corvallis-Benton County Public Library<http://cbcpl.net/>

Disclaimer: This e-mail message is a public record of the City of Corvallis. The contents may be subject to public disclosure under Oregon Public Records Law and subject to the State of Oregon Records Retention Schedules. (OAR:166.200.0200-405)