[Libs-Or] Care of old newspaper clippings

Emily-Jane Dawson ejd at multco.us
Mon Oct 2 17:03:07 PDT 2017

Rosemary,
The Library of Congress Preservation Directorate
<http://www.loc.gov/preservation/> has quite a bit of how-to information on
its website, including some basic advice about caring for newspapers and
newspaper clippings <http://www.loc.gov/preservation/care/newspap.html>.
The page has a bibliography at the end.

And, the ALA's Association for Library Collections and Technical Services
<http://www.ala.org/alcts/> website has a nice q&a section called Ask Donia
<http://www.ala.org/alcts/preservationweek/advice>, which includes a
question (and an answer!) about storing old letters and newspaper clippings
<http://www.ala.org/alcts/preservationweek/advice/storingpapers>.  Their
website includes a bibliography
<http://www.ala.org/alcts/preservationweek/resources/bibliographies> section
too.