[Libs-Or] Fw: [ILAGO] Your feedback needed: IL Grade Level Learning Goals for Oregon students

Pierina Parise pparise at emporia.edu
Sat Oct 21 10:05:20 PDT 2017

I became aware of this proposal at the OASL conference last week.  I think it is *very* important, even if you are not directly involved in K-12 education because these young students are the ones who come to our academic libraries, as well as become adults in our public libraries and future voters who will support our libraries.

I think it is important for all librarians to be aware of what is taught - or not taught - about information literacy in our schools.  Support for these initiatives helps to support the need for qualified teacher-librarians in all schools, and that benefits us all in the library field.

I'll now get off my soap box - :-)

~perri

Pierina Parise, Director
Oregon Distance Education Program
Emporia State University, School of Library & Info Mgt
1020 SW Taylor, suite 447, Portland OR 97205